Japanese Collector Scoops Up $98 Million of Art in Two DaysBy
Yusaku Maezawa purchased works by Wool, Ghenie at Sotheby's
Sotheby's contemporary art sale totaled $242.2 million in N.Y.
Yusaku Maezawa, the 40-year-old founder of a Japanese fashion website, continued his art shopping spree on Wednesday, helping Sotheby’s reach $242.2 million in sales at its contemporary art auction even as the art market continues to contract.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas