Bayer May Have Planted Seed for Takeover of Monsanto: ChartBy and
Syngenta who? News that Bayer AG may be weighing a bid for Monsanto Co. sent its U.S. competitor -- the world’s biggest seed company -- to the highest level since the end of 2015. Monsanto, which in March was said to explore crop-science deals with both Bayer and BASF SE after its bid for Syngenta AG was spurned last August, rose as much as 11.6 percent to capture the leading mover spot in the S&P 500 Index.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber's Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing