Turkey Wants Islamic Megabank in Istanbul as Jakarta Talks LoomBy
Efforts to start Shariah-compliant lender date back to 2009
Deputy Prime Minister Simsek seeking to create a `strong' bank
Turkey said Istanbul should be the headquarters for a new Islamic megabank and that it would be willing to commit more capital to the project than proposed under a similar plan by Indonesia.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- Amazon Go Pushes Mediterranean Lamb, Skips the Chili Cheese Dogs
- Dollar Slips as Shutdown Drags On; Stocks Mixed: Markets Wrap