The Cost of Fido's Bite? Dog Insurance Claims Climb 16%: ChartBy
The average insurance claim for dog bites in the U.S. increased to $37,214 in 2015, according to a statement Wednesday from the Insurance Information Institute. That pushed costs for the industry to more than $570 million for the year, even as the number of claims declined. Higher medical expenses and larger legal settlements fueled the increase.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas