Erdogan Loses Axel Springer CEO Lawsuit Over Bawdy German PoemBy and
Turkish president sued after Doepfner supported comedian
Dispute started with lewd TV joke designed to test libel law
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan lost a bid to have a German court silence Axel Springer SE Chief Executive Officer Mathias Doepfner in a spat over a comedian’s insults on German television that has left the leaders of two countries red faced.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself