South Africa Pledges to Protect Welfare Grants From InsurersBy , , and
Insurers including Sanlam are seeking legal clarity on issue
16.9 million South Africans receive social grants from state
South Africa’s government plans to introduce new rules to protect welfare recipients from companies that deduct money from their grants to pay for services ranging from mobile-phone airtime to funeral cover.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Toys ‘R’ Us Plans Bankruptcy Filing Amid Debt Struggle
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- Toys ‘R’ Us Seeks Bankruptcy, Crushed by Debt and Online Rivals
- Equifax Stock Sales Are the Focus of U.S. Criminal Probe
- Geneva Police Confiscate Euro Bills Clogging Up Toilets