U.S. Antitrust Watchdogs Turn to Insurers After Halliburton WinBy
Anthem, Aetna deals face scrutiny from Justice Department
Halliburton-Baker Hughes collapse extends U.S. winning streak
Bill Baer was the ultimate Washington antitrust insider when he came to the Justice Department in 2013: At law firm Arnold & Porter LLP, he’d counseled the biggest U.S. companies, including deal machine General Electric Co., on getting mergers over the finish line.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- Amazon Go Pushes Mediterranean Lamb, Skips the Chili Cheese Dogs
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- Dollar Slips as Shutdown Drags On; Stocks Mixed: Markets Wrap