ECB Decrees Slow Death of 500-Euro Note in Crime CrackdownBy
Policy makers will stop producing the notes from end of 2018
500-euro bill will remain legal tender for unlimited period
The European Central Bank will discontinue production of the 500-euro ($572) banknote in a move that risks tensions with euro-area citizens worried the institution is encroaching on their freedoms.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone