A political maelstrom is threatening to unseat President Dilma Rousseff. Waiting in the wings is her vice president, Michel Temer, who’s set to take over during her likely impeachment trial in the Senate. His task would be formidable: cobble together a majority of lawmakers to enact reforms that not only bring about recovery of an economy mired in recession, but also lay the foundation for sustainable growth.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards