Young Arabs Wedded to State Largess Pose Test for Gulf LeadersBy
Survey of 3,500 Arab youth finds wide support for subsidies
86 percent of Saudis surveyed want discounts to continue
Young Arabs oppose paying more for gasoline and electricity even as they recognize the damage inflicted on Middle Eastern economies by the oil slump, posing a challenge for governments that need to rein in spending without stirring protest.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas