UN Now Has 193 Interviewers to Grill Candidates Seeking Top JobBy
For first time, more open process for new secretary-general
Eastern Europeans, women, favored to lead 70-year-old body
The U.K. ambassador threw out an early grenade. He asked the candidate from Bulgaria, UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova, which parts of the United Nations “should be closed down to make it more effective.” She declined to respond.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing