Ackman-Backed Plan Dies as Canadian Pacific Ends Norfolk BidBy and
Suitor `saw a deck stacked against us,' CEO Harrison says
Move comes days after U.S. Justice Department opposes takeover
Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd. abandoned its bid to buy Norfolk Southern Corp. after five months of public efforts and several rejected bids, dealing a setback to investor Bill Ackman, who championed the transaction.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- NFL’s $205 Million Man Is Hated by Everyone But Those Who Matter
- Americans Are Retiring Later, Dying Sooner and Sicker In-Between
- Singapore Will Stop Increasing Car Numbers From February 2018
- U.S. Stocks Drop at Start of Big Week for Earnings: Markets Wrap
- Noble Group Warns of Loss Topping $1 Billion