Schaeuble Donates Budget-Hawk Prize Money to Aid Syrian RefugeesBy
Minister to receive award for consolidating German finances
Prize money to be handed over to German Red Cross for Syrians
German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble plans to donate an award for balancing the budget to humanitarian aid for Syrian refugees, a gesture that underscores his backing for Chancellor Angela Merkel on migration policy.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing