Patriarch of Payday Loans Indicted Amid Usury CrackdownBy
Hallinan, others conspired to defraud 1,400 people, U.S. says
Companies allegedly charged rates exceeding 700 percent
Charlie Hallinan, who pioneered the tactics payday lenders have used for years to stymie state regulators, was indicted Thursday on federal conspiracy and fraud charges.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day