Atlantic City Averts Shutdown for Now by Deferring PaychecksBy
State assembly speaker to introduce different takeover bill
City would scrape by to June with longer pay periods
Atlantic City averted an unprecedented partial shutdown slated for Friday by lengthening the time between employee paychecks, while New Jersey officials continued to bicker over providing state assistance to the beleaguered gaming hub.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Puerto Rico Faces Hurricane Maria After Irma’s $1 Billion Damage
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- Finland’s Welfare State Has a Massive Baby Problem
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- Toys ‘R’ Us Collapses Into Bankruptcy Thanks to Crushing Debt