Russian Prayers Go Unanswered as Craving for Imports LingersBy
Government responded to crisis by promoting import substition
Some industries failing to find replacements for goods at home
As the economic crisis deepened in Russia, Orthodox churches offered to hold prayers beseeching divine help for import substitution, a priority for President Vladimir Putin once his country found itself walled off from global markets.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's