U.S. Sues Halliburton in Effort to Block Baker Hughes DealBy and
Justice Department says combination undercuts competition
Lawsuit extends streak of U.S. antitrust challenges to deals
Halliburton Co. was sued by U.S. antitrust officials who say its planned takeover of rival oil-services firm Baker Hughes Inc. threatens competition and should be blocked, a blow to Halliburton’s bid to bulk up to better compete against rival Schlumberger Ltd.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap