ValueAct Suit Reveals U.S.'s Dim View of Halliburton DealBy
U.S. sues investor over Baker Hughes, Halliburton holdings
Fund bought shares with intent to influence merger, U.S. says
Halliburton Co.’s planned takeover of rival Baker Hughes Inc. threatens to undercut competition in the oil-services industry, the U.S. Justice Department said as it sued an activist hedge fund for buying stakes in both companies without properly notifying the government.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts