- Play up the silhouette with a tailored or form-fitting blouse, tucked in. Prefer to tone it down? Pop on a long blazer.
- This look is all about proportion. Stick to options with a higher waist, which helps balance the length.
- Flares beginning at the knee are a little less aggressive than flares starting lower.
- Platforms, chunky heels, and pointy-toed flats will elongate your legs. Stilettos won’t.
- Make sure the hem hits just above the ankle. You want these to look cropped, not awkwardly short.
- Keep accessories simple—this style is dramatic enough on its own. A woven saddle bag finishes things off.
Want to try it on the weekend?
Pair cropped denim with a menswear-inspired shirt or a slouchy knit.
Market editor: Shibon Kennedy
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE