Harvesting Sunshine More Lucrative Than Crops at Some U.S. FarmsBy
North Carolina added almost 1 gigawatt of farmland solar
Projects offer stable income not affected by commodity markets
For more than a century, Dawson Singletary’s family has grown tobacco, peanuts and cotton on a 530-acre farm amid the coastal flatlands of North Carolina. Now he’s making money from a different crop: solar panels.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards