Billionaires in Southeast Asia Get Richer as Peers Falter: ChartBy and
Southeast Asia is a great place to be for the ultra-rich. One in 20 of the world’s wealthiest people tracked by the Bloomberg Billionaires Index comes from the region, and they have seen their fortunes swell by $7.6 billion this year through March 24. Philippine tycoon Henry Sy, whose investments run from shopping malls to banks to construction, added the most wealth, while elsewhere in Asia, his peers have lost $31.3 billion amid a persistent slowdown in China.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value
- China Regulator Seizes Anbang, Chairman Faces Fraud Prosecution
- U.S. Companies Abandon the NRA as Boycott Call Grows
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Snap CEO Evan Spiegel Got $638 Million in Year of Firm's IPO