Ruble Jumps as Central Bank Belies Bets for Dovish Tone: ChartBy
The ruble staged a rebound after Russian policy makers held interest rates at 11 percent on Friday, saying they’d keep "tight monetary policy for a more prolonged time than previously planned." The currency jumped as much as 0.9 percent to 67.626 per dollar after the decision, also supported by a jump in oil. It could strengthen toward 60.59, according to Piotr Matys, a strategist for emerging-market currencies at Rabobank in London.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone