National Bank of Greece Bumped Off 175-Year Top Ranking: ChartBy
Piraeus Bank SA emerged from full-year earnings as Greece’s biggest commercial lender by assets, taking over from National Bank of Greece SA, which held the top spot through its 175-year history. Piraeus, which was in fourth position at the onset of the country’s financial crisis in 2009, has more than trebled in size over the past decade as it acquired some of the country’s smaller lenders. National Bank’s sale of its Turkish unit, Finansbank AS, to Qatar National Bank SAQ means its total assets will drop to 83.8 billion euros ($93 billion), below Piraeus’s 87.5 billion euros, according to company filings.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's