CoCo Coupons May Receive Payout Priority to Disarm Debt GrenadeBy
`Dividend stoppers' allowed in jurisdictions outside of EU
Market turmoil prompts effort to ease conditions on AT1s
European regulators signaled they may be considering linking interest payments on banks’ riskiest debt to dividend payouts, investors and analysts said, as authorities seek ways of jamming the pin a little further into the hand grenade that’s attached to the securities.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks