Russia Urges Assad to Be ‘Constructive,’ Rejects His OusterBy and
Deputy foreign minister says Russia backs democracy in Syria
U.S. says Russia should push Assad to stop cease-fire breaches
Russia urged Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to be “constructive” in talks aimed at paving the way for democratic elections in the war-ravaged country, even as it defended its ally from opposition demands for his ouster.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks