On Top of Jail Time for Fatal Mine Blast, Blankenship Now May Face $28 Million FineBy
Miner seeks payment from ex-Massey CEO over fatal 2010 blast
Former coal executive to be sentenced April 6 for misdemeanor
Donald Blankenship, the former coal baron looking at up to a year in prison for flouting mine-safety rules, may be facing an even bigger penalty: $28 million in restitution tied to a fatal explosion six years ago.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts