Gold's Rally Belies Confidence in Global Stocks Rebound: ChartBy
The rebound in global equities over the past month has been accompanied by a rally in gold, a sign investors doubt the pickup in stocks will be sustained. The precious metal is a haven asset whose price tends to climb as investors turn more risk averse, while shares typically fall at such times. Gold has risen 6.6 percent over the past month and is trading near a one-year high, while an MSCI gauge of global shares advanced 7.3 percent and closed Monday at a two-month high.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's