The Mystery Madoff Victims Who Left $2.5 Billion on the TableBy
Offshore feeder funds account for part of the mystery
Experts speculate some customers sought to avoid scrutiny
Ever since Bernie Madoff’s Ponzi scheme collapsed in 2008, it’s been much-rumored that investors included tax dodgers shielding money from the IRS, drug dealers who laundered proceeds through the con man and wealthy moguls hiding assets from ex-spouses.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day