India's Jewelers Extend Strike Over Tax for Another 3 DaysBy
Shops closed since Wednesday after levy announced in budget
Excise duty seen hurting local manufacturers as demand ebbs
Jewelers in India, the world’s second-biggest consumer, will extend their nationwide strike in protest at the 1 percent excise duty announced in this week’s budget.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts