Diamond Smuggling Cost Zimbabwe Economy $13 Billion, Mugabe SaysBy
State-owned company to take control of diamond deposits
Government earned only about $2 billion from the industry
Illicit trade in Zimbabwean diamonds cost the economy more than $13 billion, forcing the state to create a new company that’s taken control of the country’s deposits, President Robert Mugabe said.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single