India's Love Affair With Gold Tested as Tax Fight Spurs ShutdownBy
Stores shuttered nationwide to protest plan for excise duty
Dispute pits Modi government against nation's jewelry trade
India’s thriving gold markets have gone strangely quiet. Shops are shuttered across the world’s largest consumer after China and would-be customers are getting frustrated in a country that adores bullion.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts