Instagram Celebrities Are Behind the Modern Corset Boom
Kim Kardashian is always waist training, according to her Instagram. In a May 2015 selfie, she wore an undershirt, black leggings and a tight black tube around her waist. The purpose of the shot: promoting the band around her midsection, a so-called waist trainer from Miami-based company Waist Gang Society, to her 62 million followers. Waist trainer makers claim their products reduce waistlines, and one such celebrity social media post can send sales soaring for several days, explained Waist Gang Society's owner, who goes by the single name Premadonna.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone