BOE's Broadbent Says Digital-Currency Shift Comes With Bank RiskBy
Deputy governor for monetary policy speaks in London
Says central bank currency may pose risks to commercial banks
Central banks may risk harming the business model of commercial banks if they move toward creating their own digital currencies, according to the Bank of England’s deputy governor for monetary policy, Ben Broadbent.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day