Cote's Elephant Gun Signals Honeywell Appetite for MegadealsBy
Failed bid for United Technologies suggests game-plan change
Annual Wall Street presentation looms after merger faltered
Honeywell International Inc. Chief Executive Officer Dave Cote said three years ago that he gets queasy thinking about acquisitions of more than $1 billion. Now, it’s his investors who may be getting uncomfortable after Cote pursued -- and then abandoned -- a $90 billion merger with rival United Technologies Corp.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing