U.K. Lawmakers Renew Demand for Veto on BOE Governor AppointmentBy
Treasury Committee wants greater powers over BOE, FCA
Cross-party panel also wants to hold pre-appointment hearings
U.K. lawmakers renewed a demand for greater powers over the appointment and dismissal of Bank of England governors and chief executive officers of the Financial Conduct Authority to ensure their independence from the government.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards