Highest-Priced San Francisco Homes Widen the Gap With New YorkBy
A home buyer wanting to live among the wealthiest third of homes in San Francisco would need to spend twice as much as a New Yorker. The entry point to buy a home in the highest tier in San Francisco was $918,559 in December, compared to $458,251 in the New York City commuter area. Over the last few years, prices for top-tier homes in San Francisco have outpaced similar homes in the New York City area as Wall Street bonuses have not recovered to their 2006 peak level and San Francisco area employment recovered from the recession at a faster pace.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas