Uganda Vote Count Starts as Museveni Looks to Extend RuleBy and
Tally begins after some polling delays, social-media blocking
Opposition candidate briefly detained by police, party says
Uganda shut down some social media and briefly detained the main opposition candidate as counting began for an election in which President Yoweri Museveni will probably extend his three-decade rule.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone