Zambia Plans Price-Based Royalty for Ailing Copper MinesBy
Copper producers struggling amid lower prices, rising costs
New system will boost government revenues when prices are high
Zambian President Edgar Lungu’s cabinet has approved a plan to introduce a mine-royalties system that varies based on copper prices as it seeks to keep operations open and prevent further job cuts.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's