Thai Junta's Transport Plans Brings 500% Gain to Tipco: ChartBloomberg News
Thailand’s government is betting infrastructure spending will jump-start an economy that’s lagged behind Malaysia, Vietnam and the Philippines for several years. Although budget outlays have been slow to come as the military, which seized power in May 2014, gets used to bureaucracy, equity investors have been quicker to move. That’s helped make Tipco Asphalt Pcl the biggest gainer in the SET 50 Index since the coup, with an almost 500 percent surge, and Airports of Thailand Pcl, the top performer among FTSE/ASEAN 40 Index stocks in the same period.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks Gain as Senate Votes to End Shutdown: Markets Wrap