Venezuela Supreme Court Upholds Maduro's Emergency DecreeBy and
Ruling sets up clash with opposition controlled congress
Maduro says he'll use the emergency powers in coming days
Venezuela’s Supreme Court declared an emergency decree President Nicolas Maduro says he needs to fight triple-digit inflation and the deepest recession in over a decade to be legal and valid, overruling the opposition-controlled congress that rejected the legislation last month.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts