Congo Sets Governors Vote Date as Opposition Plans StrikeBy
Opposition says President Joseph Kabila seeking to extend rule
Copper-producing nation may hold presidential vote in November
The Democratic Republic of Congo’s government said gubernatorial elections will take place in March, as opposition parties called for a general strike next week to protest what they say are efforts by President Joseph Kabila to hang on to power.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's