Yellen Says Legality of Negative Fed Rates in QuestionBy
An investigation of legal issues `still needs to be done'
The Fed `didn't fully look at the legal issues' in 2010
The Federal Reserve has not yet determined whether it would be able to legally implement negative interest rates in the U.S., Chair Janet Yellen said.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks Gain as Senate Votes to End Shutdown: Markets Wrap