Philippines Lifts 17-Year Ban on Bank Licenses to Lure InvestorsBy and
Thrift banks may convert into commercial banks until end-2017
All restrictions on new bank licenses fully lifted in 2018
The Philippines will phase out a 17-year moratorium on setting up new banks in a bid to lure local investors to an industry that’s also recently opened to foreigners.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders