Asahi in Talks to Acquire Peroni, Grolsch for $2.9 BillionBy
Japanese company negotiates with AB InBev for European brands
Purchase would be the brewer's largest-ever acquisition
Asahi Group Holdings Ltd. entered exclusive talks with Anheuser-Busch InBev NV to acquire the Peroni and Grolsch beer brands for 2.55 billion euros ($2.9 billion) as the Japanese brewer seeks growth outside a stagnating domestic market.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts