Michael Bloomberg Tells FT He’s Considering Run for PresidentNicholas Johnston
Michael Bloomberg tells Financial Times he’s “looking at all the options” in response to question whether he’s considering run for U.S. president.
- “I find the level of discourse and discussion distressingly banal and an outrage and an insult to the voters,” Bloomberg says in interview with FT
- Says Americans deserve “a lot better”; would need to start work to get on ballots at the beginning of March
- “I’m listening to what candidates are saying and what the primary voters appear to be doing”
- NOTE: New York Times reported in Jan. Bloomberg was considering spending up to $1b on run; Bloomberg’s pollster later told Washington Post nation faces “unique moment” for candidacy
- NOTE: Bloomberg is founder and majority owner of Bloomberg News parent Bloomberg LP
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE