General Catalyst Raises $845 Million Venture FundBy
Firm announces eighth fund, bringing total to $3.75 billion
General Catalyst has invested in Airbnb, Stripe, Snapchat
The money will be divided between General Catalyst Group VIII LP and General Catalyst Group VIII Supplemental LP. The latter fund is designed to provide continued investment in existing portfolio companies. With the new funds, the 15-year-old venture capital firm’s total capital increases to about $3.75 billion.
“Our newest funds are an important milestone; they enable us to keep doing what we love -- both as entrepreneurs and investors: identifying exceptional people and helping them achieve success through their brilliant, extraordinary ideas,” the firm wrote on the blogging website Medium.
General Catalyst has offices in Cambridge, Massachusetts; New York; and Palo Alto, California. The firm recently added Phil Libin, the former chief executive officer of software maker Evernote Corp., as a partner.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Deutsche Bank's Bad News Gets Worse With $35 Billion Flub
- The U.K. Just Went 55 Hours Without Using Coal for the First Time in History
- Wells Fargo's $1 Billion Pact Gives U.S. Power to Fire Managers
- Oil Declines After Trump Blasts OPEC for Inflating Prices
- Why a Cashmere Sweater Can Cost $2,000 … or $30