How Chinese Used Insurance to Dodge Currency ControlsBloomberg News
Hong Kong's haven turns polices into actual insurance for cash
Chinese have bought record amounts of insurance in Hong Kong
Before the Chinese regulator stepped in this week with measures against the insurance industry aimed at curbing the country’s $1 trillion worth of capital outflows in 2015, hundreds of thousands of mainland Chinese had been flocking to Hong Kong to buy policies using their China-issued UnionPay credit or debit cards.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks