Zika Transmitted Through Sexual Contact for First Time in Continental U.S.By
First case in continental U.S. for the current outbreak
Sexual transmission is likely, Texas health department says
The first locally transmitted case of Zika virus in the continental U.S. was confirmed in Dallas county on Tuesday, a day after the outbreak and its potential association with birth defects was declared a global public health emergency by the World Health Organization.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts