Thailand's Junta Garners Baht Support From Tourists: ChartBy and
The Thai baht’s inflation-adjusted exchange rate has moved closely with visitor arrivals in the past five years. Income from tourism has increased 61% since 2010, according to balance-of-payments data, with the Bank of Thailand saying the nation’s growing current-account surplus is due partly to higher spending by visitors. The central bank will release the latest BOP data at 2:30 p.m. local time today.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States