In the U.K., Economic Growth Is All About Services: ChartBy
The U.K. economy’s 0.5 percent expansion in the fourth quarter of 2015 was driven by a pickup in services, which account for about 79 percent of gross domestic product. Business services and finance led the sector’s 0.7 percent expansion, up from 0.6 percent in the previous three months. Industrial production dropped 0.2 percent, and within that manufacturing was unchanged while utilities and mines cut output. Construction output fell 0.1 percent.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone